I haven’t posted in a couple weeks…but I have some good updates:
– My parents came to visit Mothers Day weekend and we had a really nice weekend filled with shopping & eating
– The semester (MBA) is finally over and I don’t have to take classes again until the Fall – woohoo! I’m still waiting on my grade in my Business Management class, but as long as I got a 64% or better on the final, I still scored an A in the class
– I had my annual review at work and it went swimmingly! Spencer was actually super nice and told me that I’m doing a great job and that I’m highly valued at the agency. He envisions moving me into more of a data analysis role in the future, and as soon as the agency’s hiring freeze is up, his priority is to hire someone that I can manage. Also, as soon as the agency’s salary freeze is up, I can also expect a nice salary bump – woohoo!
– Boyfriend & I celebrated our 1 year anniversary last week and we had a nice little staycation in the District. We stayed at a boutique hotel in Dupont, had a romantic dinner, went to a couple bars, and then ended the night with some good old fashioned sex fighting. More on that next post.
– Boyfriend & I also went to dinner at Komi (DC’s Number 1 Restaurant for 2009) with his sister & her husband. It’s a Greek-Italian fusion and overall I thought it was good, but way overpriced (about $800 for 4 people – thank god Boyfriend’s brother-in-law paid haha). It was cool to try once, but I’m not sure I would go again.
– I’m househunting! My extremely generous Dad has agreed to co-sign basically entirely pay for a condo or townhouse that I can live in! I’ll have to handle mortgage payments, insurance, and condo fees, as well as work out a long-term payment schedule to repay him for the down payment, but I can finally get out of the world of renting! So, I’ve started the process (i.e. found an agent & talked to a loan officer), and most likely I’ll go look at some places next week. I’m looking for at least a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo or townhouse in NoVa within walking distance to a metro on the Orange Line…exciting!!!
– Still no updates on the vacation situation. We are thinking either Costa Rica or Dominican Republic, but have not heard back from our vacation consultant.
– Boyfriend & I are going to see Coldplay tonight. He’s not that into them, but I’ve been a fan for years and I’m really excited to see them! I was reading reviews of the concert at other venues and it’s been getting phenomenal feedback.
That’s about it for now. I promise I will get back on posting more often. And I have a great story about Boyfriend & I’s romantic anniversary staycation – so stay posted!